This morning I experienced an unusual problem when setting up a remote desktop connection to my Azure VM. It turned out that the problem was caused by a Windows10 security update KB4103727. You will have to uninstall this update, because it’s too restrictive. I received the error below:
Steps to resolve the issue:
- On the Start menu (or via Search) search for Windows Updates.
- Click link View Installed Update History
- Click link Uninstall updates
- In the Search Window enter KB4103727
- Uninstall the update. This can take a while, but Windows will ask to restart automatically.
After restart I could set up a remote desktop connection again.