An Azure integration solution typically takes the form of an Azure Service Bus consisting of Logic Apps, Azure Functions, Azure API Management and/or Azure Storage or Azure Service Bus. We can also create a hybrid platform where BizTalk remains the primary system for on-premises integration. You may consider an Azure integration solution in the following situations:
- Cloud Service Bus. You use BizTalk Server on premises. You have an old, unsupported version you want to replace or you simply look for a good BizTalk alternative.
- Native Cloud Application. You want to implement a new process and there’s a tight deadline. You think of a cloud solution instead of a on-premise solution.
- Cloud Reenvision. You have a monolithic application on premise that is becoming ever more expensive to support and inflexible to change. Think of a mainframe system, a large ERP implementation or a custom legacy application. You want to move this application to the cloud.
- Cloud Rehosting. You host an ERP package like Dynamics AX on-premises and want to lift-and-shift that application to an IaaS environment.
- Partner Network. There’s a need to simplify or professionalize the interaction with external clients, suppliers or other partners.
API Management. In the API economy services are everywhere. You may want to use external services or SaaS applications. You may want to expose internal data via services. You may want to onboard new clients fast and easy. API Management let’s you do all of this in a controlled way with a clear repository and centralized policies for security and other important matters.
The cloud is a fast changing world. Interested? Switch lanes to Azure! Please contact me via the Contact page.